Friday, February 27, 2009

Fun in the Sun on Windy Cape Cod


So, today was yet another fun day with 50s Gal. As usual, we dressed in our vintage inspired clothing and headed to the fabric store. I was on my way to find samples for a custom dress that I am making for a rockabilly girl on Etsy. I'm really excited to find out which one she chooses and I can work my magic. 50s Gal was purchasing material for some dresses she wanted to work on later today. I hope if she is not writing her blog that she is working on them now. She got some adorable prints that I know I will be rummaging through her closet to wear some day. I can't wait for her followers to see them. So we were both so glad that it was not too cold that we could go without our jackets and just wear long sleeves or our sweaters. Even though our jackets are vintage, it's still nice to not have so much bulk covering up our loveliness.

On our way back we stopped, of course, at the diner for our coffee and sweets. It's just what every gal needs after a few hours of fabric shopping. And after wards we headed home
. On our way we decided that it would be nice to stop and take a few photographs in all our vintageness (not even a word) on the ocean. It really was beautiful today and I'm glad we had a chance to do so, because it really looks quite gloomy now as i peer out the window. I won't put a photo of her up because I'm sure she would not be too thrilled if I do not run it passed her first. Sorry folks. We really have a lot of fun even if it is just searching for that right print for a dress. I could spend all day doing so. It makes me feel good that she cares enough about my opinion to ask and that she truly takes it to consideration while choosing that right vintage print. I'm kind of jealous that she found this adorable chocolate brown and deep coral pink fabric and I can't wait to snatch it from her one day. lol. I made this skirt in this photo. These 3 photos of me were taken today.

So today I still have a few things that need to get done myself. My sister has a small role in a local movie and she asked me to make a few changes to a jacket that I had made for her a couple of years ago for a fashion show that I did in Boston. She was one of my models and I kind of ran out time to put the sleeves on for her. Oops! Well anyway, I need to do that today, and I will. I wanted to make a pair of high-waisted 50s rockabilly jeans for myself, but that will have to wait. I'm also in the process of reading The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. Everybody I talk to whose read it keeps telling me that it is the boring one of the 3. I like it a lot so I can't wait to read the other 2. I've already sent the image samples to the girl requesting the custom dress, so that is one thing off my list but I still need to figure out what to make for dinner.

So I will leave you with this semi boring blog today. Hope 50s Gal's is more exciting. See you all next time! Here is a photo of a pineapple upside-down cake I made!


5 comments:

  1. I have never made a pineapple upside-down cake before. I'll have to make it sometime. It's such a classic cake that it would be a pity if I didn't make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very simple. Just layer pineapple rings and maraschino cherries in the bottom of a greased or sprayed cake pan, add a mixture of "crumb topping" (white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, melted butter and vanilla, then pour your favorite white, yellow or vanilla cake batter recipe over top. For extra yumminess, you can swirl more of the crumb topping into the cake batter with a toothpick or butter knife. It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, your not snatching that dress away you little devil...but you can borrow it ;)
    Nice photos, must be a very talented photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the first LOTR book the best, actually. Not that I didn't love the other two. But it had Tom Bombadil and Arwen and the Barrow Wights and a whole bunch of other great stuff that never even made it into the movies.

    Now I want to re-read them all.

    Did you and Becky have your all day LOTR movie marathon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oddessay- Hey how's it going?! I feel like such a heel 'cause I forgot you have a blog even though you are a writer. I should catch up on your's. Maybe when I am done reading LOTR. And yes, but we only got to watch the first 2 but at least we got Woki interested. He had never seen them before! Isn't that crazy? Only because they were so popular. What a silly excuse.

    ReplyDelete